Frequintely asked questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions about our products and services.
See the most common topics and more.
Our frequently asked questions area is constantly updated with new questions coming from our customers and pen collectors.
- What is the difference between F flexy and M flexy nib?
The difference between F Flexy and M Flexy is only in the point. With a fine flexy you can go to the Broad line with a little pressure of your hand and with Medium from M to B size.
For the writing samples and additional information please visit our page "nib size guide".
If you have a question, please do not hesitate to contact us via Chat, we are always happy to help!
- What piston / converter filling do you use?
- How do I fill my piston pen?We use Schmidt Technology converter and piston fillings on all our models.capacity:
- piston filling pens 1.1 ml.
- converter filling pens 0.4 ml.
- vacumatic filling 2 ml.
- Turn the bottom anticlockwise until it stops without forcing it over.
- Put nib and feeder completely in the ink.
- Turn the bottom clockwise keeping the nib and feeder in the ink.
- When the bottom of the pen will turn free jerky your pen is filled.
- Dry the pen and feeder from excess ink.
Your pen is ready to write!
Will my nib perform without issue?
All our nibs going through many different tests during and after the production. To offer you the best service and the guarantee of the perfect performance, each nib is mounted on the tester pen and checked for writing before shipping. Then cleaned, polished and mounted to the pen. Along with the order, you will receive a test letter of your nib writing. This point is very important to us that's why we ask extra time to prepare your order before shipping.
For the final test we usually use two different types of paper: classic printer paper and calligraphy.
Should an extra fine nib feel scratchy when writing?
It depends on your handwriting and the paper. Extra fine nib is less smooth than a fine nib due to its very small iridium micro ball.
Extra fine points are most useful for those who have tiny handwriting and for sketching. The scratchy feel comes from the nib catching on pores and irregularities in the paper, the quality of the nib and the speed you use when writing. So if you have smooth paper and and use a nib with no burrs or corners, it should feel quite nice — but only for you. To somebody with larger handwriting it will always feel scratchy. Anyway we try to do our best to make an extra fine nib pleasant on writing. But if you search for a very smooth nib, in this case it is better to choose a regular Fine nib.
- How do I clean my fountain pen?
- What do I do if there is poor ink flow (dirty feed system)?We do recommend cleaning your fountain pen between each ink refill.If a pen clogs, place the nib and gripping section of the barrel in a cup of cool water.Let the nib and gripping section soak overnight.Our inks are water-soluble and will dissolve with water.Remove the gripping section from water and rinse it with a slow stream of cool water.Gently blow into the nib assembly to remove any excess water.You may now place a new ink cartridge or an ink convertor into the gripping section of the barrel.
Please follow the cleaning instructions in Care & Maintenance. If you still experience poor ink flow, please refer to our Repairs section for more information.- How can I receive maintenance for my product?
If you require maintenance of your writing instrument beyond regular cleaning, please see our Repairs section for more information.
- What do I do if there is leaking near the nib of my fountain pen?
- How shall I store my fountain pen to get its best performance?Please follow the cleaning instructions in Care & Maintenance. If you still experience leaking, please refer to Repairs for more information.
The nib should be stored point up when not in use.- Will you exchange my nib for free if I want another nib size?
The ink will drain down into the convertor or cartridge.This avoids drying or clogging of the nib
If you have bought a wrong nib size we offer a nib exchange service. Fine and medium nibs are available for all of our fountain pen models. If you are interested in another nib size please determine the size required and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the nib we receive is in perfect condition and if the new required nib belongs to the same model we will carry out the nib exchange free of charge. Otherwise you will receive a quote.
We do recommend that you return the complete pen in order to protect the nib during transit.Please be sure to include all of your contact information with the pen so that we may reach you easily. For products offered or purchased more than 10 years ago, we ask that you send a digital picture of your pen so we can identify the model.
- How long is the warranty valid?
If your pen was purchased with a lifetime warranty, the lifetime warranty will be honored. All repairs covered under the warranty require proof of the terms of the warranty, either the dealer stamped and dated warranty document or the printed sales receipt showing the product and date of purchase.
- How can I make sure the warranty will be honored?
By retaining your warranty document and your printed sales receipt, you will be eligible for repair of your writing instrument for the timeframe and conditions outlined within the warranty document provided at time of purchase.
- My writing instrument needs repair and the warranty has expired. How do I get it fixed?
If the repair does not fall under the warranty, we will send you a quote for approval once we have inspected the damage. If you do not accept our quote, we will not charge you any shipping or handling fees to return the writing instrument to you. Please see Repairs for additional information.
- I dropped my pen and damaged the nib. Is it covered under warranty?
Damage incurred outside of the manufacturing process is not covered under the warranty. For information regarding our repair services please click here.
- What if I lose my pen?
Loss of your writing instrument is not covered under the warranty.
- Is it possible to have a spare part?
While we do offer a nib exchange service and do sell most fountain pen nibs and rollerball sections, unfortunately we do not sell other spare parts.We do not sell caps or barrels for the following reasons:1. The replacement of the required cap or barrel might not be the only repair needed2. For pens that are not black, we may experience color matching issues between the cap and the barrel3. All repair operations do include an overhaul which might be a pen cleaning, a mechanism check, and replacement of cartridge and convertor for fountain pens. Please contact our Customer service if you need a help.
- What are your shipping charges for returning an order?
- How can I place an order for items that are out of stock/ currently unavailable?A shipping cost depends of Courier you would like to use. Please note, the shipping cost will be payed by buyer and will non be refunded.
At the moment, we do not track the stock level for all of our items online. We aim to replenish our stock every week. Please check back next week when we hope to have your item back in stock. As option, you can reserve your piece contacting our customer service, we will notify you when is back in stock. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Need a help? Please do not hesitate to contact us via Live Chat or email!
We are always happy to help!